Mixed media sketchbook (black, hard cover) 9x12” or 11x14”. Please bring your
sketchbook to the first class and every class. I recommend the 11x14” Artist’s Loft
brand, bound with a black cover available at Michaels Stores.
2. Water container for brushes, apron, Latex gloves, a small tarp to lay your work on to dry
if you need it.
3. Tools: Scissors, X‐Acto knife, ruler, a roll of blue tape & masking tape, spatulas or old
credit cards, two small spray bottles/one for water and other for alcohol, roll of paper
towels, a package of cheap hand wipes. A few drawing pencils and Sharpie pens.
4. Brushes: A variety of brushes for application of gesso and mediums. (1⁄2” & 2”). I use
cheap bristle brushes from hardware store.
Your favorite brushes for acrylic paint, watercolor, oil. Flat boar bristle brushes for
collage application/ 1” is good. One round brush for ink application. If you are a new
student and confused about brushes, I will be bringing brushes for student use to first
class and will explain brushes more in detail.
5. Mediums and Paints: Bring to first class.
Large bottle of white gesso, (any brand).
Container of acrylic matte medium & thick gel medium. I use Liquitex, Golden or Nova.
A few glue sticks. A small jar of regular Mod Podge, at Michaels Store.
Paints: A watercolor palette (non‐student grade). You may also use liquid inks or
watercolor tube paints, your choice of colors.
Acrylic paints: Black & white, 3 warm colors, 3 cool colors, any brand. We will discuss
oil paints later in the course. Small bottle of permanent black ink.
6. Substrates: Watercolor paper 140lb and/or 300lb. (2 or 3 sheets)
Canvas boards: 11x12” (I purchase these at Michaels Stores.)
Canvas paper pad 11x12” or larger at Michaels Stores. Bring this pad to first class.
If you would like to work on canvas, you can bring a small to medium size canvas of your
choice. Do not bring all substrates to class, as I will instruct what to bring for each class.
7. Three of your favorite stencils. A black inkpad and your favorite ink stamp.
8. A roll of freezer paper (18” plastic‐coated) at Smart & Final store. This will be used for
your palette paper. Bring to first class.
Please bring the following to first class: #1, #2, #3, #4,
#5 Gesso, Mediums, jar of Mod Podge,