Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm BACK!!!

Thank you all for your well wishes!
I did have a great time--and--had little access to a computer---so--my formerly roiled mind is much calmer-YEH---

My book _P-38 Lightning_ by Ethell w/ illustrations by Watanabe came while I was gone--opened it for the first time Sunday---WOW---

The magazine-The New American- also arrived--as always it is chock full of historical analysis and present day social and political outlook...

The Proper Use of the U.S. Military by Lt Col. George B. Wallace, USAF (Retired) is the lead article---It fits everything I have been thinking about our long involvement w/ Korea-Germany-Japan. Why are we sill paying for the defense of those countries? Let them pay for their own! I'll touch on Iraq and Afghanistan later!
I had read the quote from Washington's Farewell address from other historical references-on the issue of U.S military involvement w/ foreign countries..
I was introduced to this quote from President John Quincy Adams via the above article:
http://truereligiondebate.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/pres_adams_john_q.jpg
" The United States goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is a well -wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Hope you had a grand Independence Day week-end!!--For FREEDOM!!!!

No comments: