Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OPEN CARRY --in California!!!

I could not resist--open carry in California!!!--ASA I know the incorporation rules mentioned in the article---I'm going to buy a recorder and find someone to travel with (the lone wolf gets picked off) and do it!!!
h/t :http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/07/they-carry-guns.html
This an excerpt from the article:

“What’s going to happen is, they’re going to want to do a 12031(e) unloaded check,” he begins. “They’ll say they want to check your weapon. You say, ‘Are you requesting or demanding?’ If they say, ‘Demanding,’ you say, ‘I don’t consent to any warrantless searches. But I’m not going to resist.’ And then you stick your hands out, they check your weapon, and it’s done.”

Sounds easy enough, I figure. I’ve got my tape recorder ready, as open carriers are urged, via websites like OpenCarry.org, to keep recording devices on them while carrying to capture any interactions with police (and civilians) they might have in case their rights are infringed upon.

“You don’t have to answer any other questions. You don’t have to give them your ID,” Sam instructs. “It’s technically an illegal search under the Fourth Amendment. The Fourth Amendment says you have protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2009/jul/15/cover/ For the REST!!!

No comments: