Sunday, October 24, 2010

Secretariat and Penny - They Never Quit...

Just saw the movie - Secretariat-it brought back so many memories and brought on many tears--
a sad memory is that he died on October 4, 1989-my birthday...
You all know how much I Love HORSES- the Biblical reference in the movie describing the bold/bravery of horses brought a personal nod of affirmation...
I have the last horse that I bred in my back yard-guess whom I visited when I returned from the movie!
This is footage of Secretariat's Preakness win...

31 lengths-Belmont win-to quote-"It was like the Lord was holding the reins."

video-history of Secretariat-it mentions 3 white socks-I know of an old saying-- 3 white socks meant the horse is a King's/ Queen's horse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-IVl-UGE4&feature=related

No comments: