Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Geert Wilders Quotes Eisenhower & Introduced Me to a Dutch Freedom Warrior from the Past---

Here I thought that my Freedom Fire came from my Danish-Irish roots-now I know that the DeGroat roots had an hand in the DNA code as well!

This is a must read!
h/t-Crusader Rabbit My Australian Freedom Friend...
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/06/geert_wilders_closing_remarks_at_his_kafkaesque_trial.html
I give you a few paragraphs-from Geert Wilders:-Dutch Freedom fighter of today:
It is about something much greater. Freedom of expression is the life source of our Western civilisation.

Do not let that source go dry just to cosy up to a totalitarian regime. "Freedom," said the American President Dwight Eisenhower, "has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.

"
Mister President, members of the Court, you have a great responsibility. Do not cut freedom in the Netherlands from its roots, our freedom of expression. Acquit me. Choose freedom.

The Dutch Freedom Fighter Johan van Oldenbarneveldt

Saberpoint has a video of Mr. Wilders' Speech

3 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

He is my all time hero Carol..God protect him!!

MathewK said...

"Do not let that source go dry just to cosy up to a totalitarian regime."

Indeed and it's a lesson far too many in the west seem too stupid to learn. Even after making the same stupid mistake and getting burned for it, we still seem unwilling to learn.

christian soldier said...

Angel-Oh-that I - if called upon- would be so brave...

MK-I do beleive there are some who have awakened-
It only took 55 Founders - in 1776 - we do need the 'Black Regiment' (Christian leaders-named for their black robes)...to put their 'toe to the line' too..