Saturday, January 1, 2011

725 New Laws for California-and an Excellent video and an Excellent Article From Victor Davis Hanson

Check out the new laws for 2011-my California friends and-
to my friends in the other states-you know the old saying-
"as California goes-so goes the rest of the Nation..' BEWARE:
http://lamesa.patch.com/articles/there-outta-be-a-law-californians-getting-725-new-ones-in-2011
I leave the link as is as I want to find the site again-looks like a good one!!
SB 1317-I found esp troubling-as - such a law was used in Sweden to take a child away from his Christian parents-who wanted to Homeschool...I'll post more on that issue later...
  • SB 1317 allows the state to slap parents with a $2,000 fine if their K-8 child misses more than 10 percent of the school year without a valid excuse. It also allows the state to punish parents with up to a year in prison for the misdemeanor.
I've decided to add the Swedish Homeschooling parents-and get it off of my mind!!
h/t Gates of V-Price of Homeschooling in Sweden article-
As you all know-I homeschooled my off- spring to acceptance to two highly esteemed Academies:and am familiar w/ HSLDA Homeschool Legal Defense Association -you will hear of this great organization in this video-

h/t MK for the VDH article - I'll start you w/ the 3rd page
and this one by the LA CC-http://carolmsblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/la-city-council-passes-sharia-while-we.html

4 comments:

MathewK said...

I was reading an article recently by Victor Hanson who took a trip around parts of California. From what he saw, the ruling class have laws upon laws, but few of them were followed outside of liberal crapholes.

What this means is that the leftards can pass all the laws they want to, but eventually there will be few left to obey them, enforce them and fund them in California.

christian soldier said...

MK-you have got that right--it seems that many businesses are leaving--however-
if you drove the 101-405- you would not notice a difference- the traffic is still horrible...

Kid said...

I Like 1844, 1411..

christian soldier said...

TK-OK-they looked good to me too-
however---I trust No Thing coming out of our governing bodies at this time...