Monday, November 3, 2008

Prayer of George Washington and Our Need of Same...

I am reminded of a prayer journal written by our own George Washington when he was around 20 years old-he had an entry for morning and evening:I’ll share part of my favorite:

O most glorious God…I acknowledge and confess my faults; in the weak and imperfect performance of the duties of this day. I have called on Thee for pardon and forgiveness of sins,but so coldly and carelessly that my prayers are become my sin and stand in need of pardon…..
George Washington…

I see little such humility on the part on the part of our ‘elite officials’ –However:

My guess is that Gov. Palin would say such a prayer as this and the thought of it gives me heart for the future….We will seek more of the ilk of Palin and Washington…

For those of us who believe--it is time to pray....

C-CS

No comments: