Sunday, November 7, 2010

God Bless Our BEST- In Flanders Fields the Poppies Blow-Victory Day is Coming..Nov. 11....-

I was watching my Red Wings play in Canada-all of the announcers had a red poppy on their lapels-I remember all of us in the US used to wear poppies- What Happened to that tradition? God Bless those BEST from countries allied to the US - fighting alongside our BEST!!!
In Flanders Fields -Lt.Col. John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row by row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard among the guns below.

)

2 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

Thanks Carol for caring so much for our beloved troops!

Always On Watch said...

We read this poem almost every year in my literature class. The words never grow old for me.