Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You - Grandfather-Dad--Uncle-Spouse--For Fighting for Us in the U.S.-Happy Verterans Day!!!!

to add to the above- Brother-Nephew-my Cousin's two sons-and my two friends ...
THANK YOU!!
Grandfather-you came here as a new immigrant from Denmark- joined the US Army-to serve in WW I -earned the Purple Heart- raised the SSB every morning and lowered her every evening -at dusk-I questioned-
"Grandpa-why do you raise the American flag every day? What about your other country."
"Carol, Ve are in America-don't verry about the old country."
I didn't really 'get it then'-finally 'got it' when I did a self study of the TRUE history of this great Republic.--
Thank you all - listed above.
Thank you -our BEST for serving past and present...
Still Looking for A Poppy to wear-Where are they?

2 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

what an amazing family u have Carol! Blessed Veterans day to you.:)

christian soldier said...

WHT-I am Blessed to have such as they as inspirations...