Sunday, June 10, 2012

Did You Know -I Am the Creator of RINO-Rino

did you know that I am the creator of RINO - it started as a short story - for a  R Women newsletter  - in 1993:


A Short Story- _ Time for a Change_ : by Carol: June 1993

Norman Elephant sat back trying to concentrate on his hand. He reflected on the way he and other Elephant friends from the George Washington School of Ethics and Morality used to run their monthly card party.

They'd chat about the events in each others' lives during the month past-then-out would come the transparent deck-Each knowing that the honor of the others was such that there would be no peeking.

Tonight's game was different. With the inclusion of the Rinos, the party had lost its free and gentle flare. It started a few months ago with one Rino asking to join and all - but Norm- agreeing (to show their tolerance). Pretty soon there were more Rinos than Elephants.

The rules had to be changed too. Rather than transparent cards-they had to use heavy -duty cards because the Rinos said they were honorable but, the Elephants soon learned that they always resorted to peeking. The betting was more intense as well. The Rinos played for keeps!

They also continually demanded small changes.

At first it was the request to pull certain cards from the deck. The Absolute of Diamonds (which represented the Elephants' substance) was the first to go. It was replaced by the Arbitrary of *CZ.

Soon, most of the deck had been changed.

Several of the party originals lost their positions, homes, and family members for it seemed that the Rinos could not lose.

Norm suspected it had something to do with the new glasses the Rinos were wearing. It seemed that they could see through the new decks that had been purchased through a Rino distributor.

Norm also thought about the meeting he had called. He hoped that some the the original players would agree with him that changes had to be made...

The End..

*(Cubic Zirconia-or false diamond) CZ
http://carolmsblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-rino-to-rino.html

My friend had  RINO (Xd) Buttons made for the - I believe- 1996 R Convention in Wash DC - and it took off from there-

11 comments:

TS/WS said...

If you watch 'This Ole House', a few weeks ago (maybe a month), a old house that was being redone, Norm Found The Flag That I Fly-( the picture (aviator) to the right of the comment) in the attic (THE ORIGINAL), and the second show Norm took the Flag to the Museum.
The Flag is named "The Bradford Flag"; which was carried into one of the first Battles. The Colonist flew first and then changed to the 'Lone Pine Tree' Flag.
I can fly that flag...
I can tell you something that I did that is nationwide-but, I can't afford to have it known!
This is too serious-don't care if anyone knows!
I'm waiting for someone to pick up the baton and do something next that will give them the honor to fly the 'Lone Pine Tree' as a aviator. NO FAKE ACTIONS!
The powers to be know and I'm waiting for my end--but just don't want some crazzy to jump me.

TS/WS said...

Oh, CONGRATS, by the way.
I got carried away--should have give you CONGRATS FIRST!

christian soldier said...

TS- searched gooogle to find out more on the Bradford - now Lone Pine Tree- Banner-
No reference to aviators--
SO- give me a few more 'hints' pleeeeease : - )

Thank you for your CONGRATS-

TS/WS said...

This a website that I googled.
Has the Flags, and a brief description on the right.

Lone Pine Tree Flag

Bradford Flag

The Bradford flag shown is the wrong color!
My aviator is the correct color!

Aviators are the little pictures we have with our comments to go along with our blog name.
My aviator is the Bradford Flag.

TS/WS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TS/WS said...

Ha, I misspelled. It should be (---Bedford----Flag) I guess, I'll have to research tomorrow it is 2:41 here.

Z said...

Congratulations!
you ARE clever :-)

Fredd said...

Now that we know the origins of RINO's, maybe we can understand how to stamp them out.

radar said...

I have a cool picture that you would love! I'd send it to you on facebook if you were on there? Cheers!

Kid said...

Carol-CS, Nice !

christian soldier said...

to all of you- my Patriot friends-
Thank you for your encouraging words...